Emergency Response Coordinator
The Emergency Response Coordinator will be responsible for several aspects of our Nationwide Emergency Response Network, this is accomplished through consistent and continued (verbal and written) incident oversight to ensure the efficiency, successful performance, and timely completion of projects.
Workload primarily consists of directing crews in emergency spill cleanup, in which timeliness and efficient problem solving skills are paramount. Position will be overseeing multiple (3-7) emergency response incidents at one time from a central office location.
If you thrive in high pressure situations and/or enjoy critical thinking that can and will impact the safety and well being of others, this position is for you.
The most significant portion of this position will be communicating via phone with subcontractors, customers, and other involved entities.
- Responsible for incident oversight/management of environmental response projects.
- Responsible for oversight and directing all phases of environmental spill response including but not limited to; working directly with clients and subcontractors to ensure a timely responses, successful remediation, regulatory compliance, and cost effective outcome.
- Submit written, and verbal reports to regulatory agencies as required.
- Ensure that waste is properly containerized, labelled, and transported.
- Providing and maintaining excellent customer service, communication, and satisfaction.
- Ensure all DOT, OSHA, safety rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, and site-specific safety plans are followed throughout cleanup activities.
- Ensure that all client SOP’s and special instructions are followed and confirmed.
- Communicate effectively with contractors, clients, regulatory officials, etc., through both written and verbal communication.
- Accurately document all communications throughout entire project.
- Maintains professional competency in all aspects of the job.
- Communicates directly with field personnel via phone to ensure that projects are on track and progressing efficiently and effectively.
- Direct hazardous material response experience is highly preferred, but not required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field: Environmental Science, Chemistry, Emergency and Disaster
- Management, Safety, or related field; or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. Is preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must, with the ability to effectively communicate and/or direct individuals at all levels.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with the MS Office Suite. Written documentation/narration in “real time” is required for this position.
- Must be able to work independently to meet deadlines in a fast paced/time sensitive environment.
- The ability to pass a background check, and random drug screening is required.
- Emergency Response Coordinators must be available to work 12-hour shifts which will include, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Team oriented individual, who excels in both team and individual setting.
- Looking for someone who excels in written and verbal communication.
- Superior time management. Call volume fluctuates and workload will be significant at times.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 – $21.00 per hour