Emergency Response Project Manager
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe, professional manner at all times;
- Monitor and enforce compliance with DOT and OSHA safety rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, and site specific safety plans when performing cleanup activities and donning protective gear;
- Safely operate heavy equipment and routinely use tools/equipment to include, but not limited to pressure washers, backhoe, excavators, skid steer, boats, cascade systems, generators, drills, grinders, cutting torches, etc. for cleanup operations;
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained, repaired and in operating condition;
- Perform physical labor associated with cleanup activities, sample collection, waste removal and other emergency and remediation services;
- Accountable and punctual;
- Ensure proper levels of personal protective equipment and conduct site safety meetings prior to beginning daily operations and notify management of any issues or concerns;
- Safely oversees projects associated with tank cleaning, confined spaces, spill cleanup, emergency response and more;
- Supervises technicians, operators, remediation and emergency response operations;
- Manages safety performance and reporting;
- Allocates manpower, organizes crews and delegates job responsibilities for projects;
- Verifies that the appropriate equipment is available, safe, and on-site to complete jobs;
- Ensures all daily paperwork is completed accurately and submitted within a timely manner, including customer billing, permits, audits, etc.;
- Trains and mentors Technicians and Operators;
- Ability to work a rotating shift, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. “On-Call” based on the rotating “On-Call” schedule for Emergency Response. Will require out of town travel. Length of travel will be dependent on on-going projects;
- Ability to work under adverse conditions (heat & cold);
- Physically able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when necessary and lift > 50lbs routinely;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by management.
- Must be able to interpret and follow written and verbal instructions and assignments.
- Emergency Response skills required.
- Must have experience in a related field.
- Good communication skills with the ability to professionally communicate with individuals at all levels.
- Must demonstrate advanced knowledge of operations and ability to safely operate assigned equipment.
- Commercial Driver’s License is required.
- Ability to be on call 24/7 365 (Required)
- High school diploma, GED, or College Degree preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 – $30.00 per hour